Compounding is the preparation of customized formulations that are needed to meet a patient’s unique needs when a commercial product is not available to meet those needs. All compounds are patient specific and require a prescription from a doctor, veterinarian, or other licensed healthcare provider.
Compounding is helpful for patients who:
- Have specific allergies to common fillers (these include gluten, dyes, or lactose).
- Need medications that are on manufacture back order, short supply, or discontinued product.
- Need very unique dosage forms such as: suppositories, creams, ointments, gels, transdermal formulations, lollipops, troches, suspensions, or solutions.
- Need a dose that is not commercially available this is very common with pediatric, senior and veterinary patients. Compounding is the only way to meet those needs.
- When unable to tolerate taste, dosage form, certain textures or have certain dietary restrictions, or difficulty swallowing.
Some common areas of medication compounding include:
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (Progesterone, Estrogen, Testosterone)
- Thyroid Therapies (T3/T4)
- Veterinary (flavorings such as chicken, beef, fish, tuna, apple, mango, and more!)
- Pain Management
- Pediatrics (flavorings such as tutti frutti, grape, banana cream, raspberry, and more!)
- Sports Medicine
Our Commitment to Quality and Safety
- We have been a PCAB ACRREDITED pharmacy since 2014 and go through a rigorous reaccreditation process every 3 years.
- Potency Testing is sent out to an independent lab on a regular basis to validate our process and accuracy.
- We purchase all ingredients from vendors with FDA inspected facilities
- On going quality assurance program and staff trainings.